7.16.2006

Relief for the Mexican-food drought!

I think this may be the longest I've gone without Mexican food in my memory! Yesterday, while at the grocery store, I bought flour with the determination to make tortillas! I was taken back to the days in Germany when we couldn't find soft shells for tacos, where we had to make our own tortillas and salsa! Luckily, I have found Pace salsa, so I was just lacking the tortillas. Apparently, they sell them here at Costco, but that's a bus ride away (and who can shop at Costco when you are relying on bus transportation?!!). So, today, I attempted the tortillas.


I found a recipe online.


I rolled out the tortillas on my marble counter with a plastic cup (you have to be McGuyver-like when dealing with limited kitchen utensils). I have no plastic-wrap, so I had to stack them up and hope they didn't stick.


I have few memories of actually cooking the tortillas in Germany, so it was fun to watch them bubble up! They cook quickly - I will definitely do this often!


Ahhh... my stack of tortillas grew :) I will definitely be enjoying dinner tonight!!! I just need to use less salsa than normal, as I tend to over-do it! I'm looking forward to eating!

No comments: