8.02.2006

Relief from the heat!

Does it get any cuter?

According to the weathergirl on tv (and, according to my students all weathermen in Korea are actually weathergirls), we are out of the rainy season, and the sticky season has begun! I happened to choose one of the warmest days I've experienced so far to get lost wandering around Seoul on Monday (lost in a good way). I think I ended up walking in excess of 5 miles in the blazing heat and humidity. Needless to say, I did end up with a sunburn. Luckily I still have another day for it to soften before going into class and being called a tomato!


I came upon a wonderfully fun fountain in the middle of Seoul, outside the lawn in front of City Hall (the lawn, by the way, has a sign that states "Do not walk on lawn on Mondays".... strange!). Kids of all ages were taking the opportunity to cool off in this fountain! I walked around the edges with my bare feet, as walking around the city soaking wet would have been a tad bit uncomfortable! I don't mind the heat, actually, because at least we're finally seeing the sun!!!

No comments: